Monday, July 12, 2010

What's in a job

I like my job but I am not passionate about it. I am sure there are enough people in this world to make me feel comfortable about not being a minority. In the corporate world, "passion" seems to be the top requirement for any job. I have been honest a few times and told people "I am not passionate about my job but I will not let that small detail interfere with putting my best into my job". But if I lull myself into believing that I have found my passion, then I would be cheating myself. The fact that I haven't found my true passion actually forces me to keep looking for it, keep learning about things, hoping to find my real interest someday. Something I can do day in and day out without asking for "work-life balance" or without feeling the need for "compensation for putting in the hours".

The struggle continues.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment